On the Thursdays we don’t release a new AMT, we crank up the spoken word audio and have a Thursday Listening Party.
Click here to attend all previous gatherings.
All ears on ME! I’ve been busy, AMTpals.
First up: here I am on No Such Thing As A Fish, the podcast in which the QI Elves emit more facts than a bookshop throwing a full set of the Encyclopaedia Britannica out of the window (because nobody buys hard copy encyclopaedias any more, grandad). If you like the fact-barrage aspect of AMT, you’ll like this podcast even more, so listen at qi.com/podcast or right here:
Next: I’m on the new (September 25th) episode of the Media Focus podcast, discussing Scottish referendum coverage, political phone-ins, and podcasting itself. Get it from mediafocus.org.uk – and for more media news excitement, do remember to listen to Olly on the box-fresh episode of The Media Podcast that’ll be out tomorrow.
I was also on MacAulay & Co on BBC Radio Scotland to talk to the marvellous Fred MacAulay about a very important issue: patchwork! Because in the turbulent wake of the referendum, at least everyone can agree that fabric scraps are Better Together, amirite? Too soon? Too soon. Ah well. Listen here from the 41-minute mark.
Alright, enough of me twatting on; have you listened to Martin’s beautiful new album Through Intermittent Rain yet? If not, rectify that immediately by dashing off to martinaustwick.bandcamp.com – it’s available for whatever price you want to pay, so get it for £0-£∞ depending upon your budget.
For all the people who are irate after what Olly said about James Brown in AMT298, here’s my favourite James Brown track to soothe you.
What have you been listening to lately? I’m always keen to hear about different shows, so please recommend stuff in the comments!
Tune in to our various other gigs:
• Catch up on AMT298 and the episodes preceding it.
• AMT episodes 1-170 and the special AMT albums are all available for a piddling little price at answermethisstore.com, and if you buy any of them you’re bankrolling the podcast, for which we are extremely grateful.
• Olly’s on LBC every weekday 1am-4am. Inject yourself with caffeine and join him.
• I host the monthly Sound Women podcast and am on Let’s Talk About Tech from BBC 5 Live (only two more episodes left, sob!).
• Martin the Sound Man makes numerous other podcasts, including Brain Train, The Global Lab and The Sound of the Ladies.