YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO ALL PREVIOUS
THURSDAY LISTENING PARTIES.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND.
B.Y.O.B. AND HEADPHONES
• Roman Mars Kickstarts an extraordinary pile of dosh to fund 99% Invisible (which is worth every penny).
• Richard Herring talks about Stephen Fry using his podcast to drop the bombshell about his suicide attempt.
• Theresa Thorn of One Bad Mother talks dirty (diapers).
• Welcome to Night Vale fans show their devotion by expanding the weird world of the podcast.
• Keith and the Girl fans show their devotion through HORRIFIC FLESH WOUNDS. Warning: seriously gross.
We also hear from many other wise and captivating correspondents, including Nate ‘Wired at Heart’ Lanxon, Pete ‘Football Rambler’ Donaldson, Jemima ‘Seer of the Future’ Kiss and Ben ‘Invented the word “podcasting” but don’t hold that against him’ Hammersley. You can here more of them, along with Marc Maron and the Buglers, in Part 1, which should still be available here.
Listen and let us know what you think, then:
• Catch up on AMT287 and the episodes preceding it.
• AMT episodes 1-170 and the special AMT albums are all available for a piddling little price at answermethisstore.com, and if you buy any of them you’re bankrolling the podcast, so consider yourself a philanthropist.
• Olly’s on LBC every weekday 1am-4am. If you’re an insomniac, a night worker, or in a time zone where those hours are compatible with waking life, tune in.
• On Saturday evenings I’m on BBC 5 Live’s Saturday Edition, available subsequently as the podcast Let’s Talk About Tech.
• Martin the Sound Man makes numerous other podcasts, including Brain Train, The Global Lab and The Sound of the Ladies.
To keep your ears busy until AMT288 next Thursday, here are some other podcasts we like.