On the Thursdays which don’t involve new episodes of AMT, we crank up the spoken word audio and have a Thursday Listening Party.
Do you want to see/hear Martin the Sound Man talking about eggs? Of course you do! Here he is at this year’s Boring Conference – and would you believe, he drew all his slides himself? Yes. When you see them, you will easily believe that.
I know a lot of you are champing at the bit for The Bugle‘s sabbatical to end, so to keep you going, here’s brother mine Andy Zaltzman on The Comedian’s Comedian, being interviewed at length about his comedy by AMT jingle alum Stuart Goldsmith. Here’s the episode on Soundcloud, and if you’re a comedy fan you should do yourself a favour and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Offering frank advice before Dan Savage was even born was Dr Mahinder Watsa, India’s 90-year-old sex columnist. This interview is well worth a read, and here he is on Outlook from the World Service (and if you can resist the episode entitled ‘My Father Was A Serial Killer’, you are made of stronger stuff than I).
What’s been oscillating your eardrums lately? Recommend shows in the comments!
Our various other gigs:
• Catch up on AMT294 and the episodes preceding it.
• AMT episodes 1-170 and the special AMT albums are all available for a piddling little price at answermethisstore.com, and if you buy any of them you’re bankrolling the podcast, for which we are extremely grateful. At this time of year, it’s a thoroughly good idea to treat yourself to the AMT Holiday – be whisked away to exotic climes for only £2.49.
• Olly’s on LBC every weekday 1am-4am. Set your alarm.
• I host the monthly Sound Women podcast and am on Let’s Talk About Tech from BBC 5 Live.
• Martin the Sound Man makes numerous other podcasts, including Brain Train, The Global Lab and The Sound of the Ladies.
Tags: Andy Zaltzman, BBC, Boring Conference, ComComPod, Comedian's Comedian, eggs, Ira Glass, Mahinder Watsa, Outlook, Radio 4, Stuart Goldsmith, Thursday Listening Party, Word of Mouth, World Service