On the Thursdays we don’t release a new AMT, we crank up the spoken word audio and have a Thursday Listening Party.
Click here to attend all previous gatherings.
Friends! I am very excited to tell you that my new Radiotopia show about language and etymology, The Allusionist – which some of you generously Kickstarted last autumn – has landed. It’s at theallusionist.org and available via iTunes, SoundCloud, RSS and various other podcast-wranglers.
It kicks off with a double bill: the first episode is about puns, and features my punfortunate brother Andy (familiar to you Bugle fans), as well as AMT200 star Zack Zaltzman. The second episode is all about bras and pants. Together, the episodes = punderwear…?
On an etymological tip, I listened to this episode of Slate Working interviewing a lexicographer about her job, and it really made me quite relieved that in 2003 the OED rejected me for my dream job as a lexicographer so I had to become a podcaster instead. Seems like a lot of admin.
Also, if you are fans of The Conspiracy Theories of Olly Mann, you may well enjoy this episode of Reply All about One Direction conspiracy theorists. That’s a next level hobby…
Remember to update your Media Podcast feeds tomorrow, for Olly will be back hosting a fresh new episode.
Tune in to our usual gigs:
• Catch up on AMT305, in which we contemplate a questioneer’s unusual lITerature-inspired tattoo, argue about olive-theft, and reflect upon our lack of audiobook-reading jobs.
• AMT episodes 1-170 and the special AMT albums are all available at answermethisstore.com, and if you buy any of them you’re bankrolling the podcast, for which we are extremely grateful.
• Olly’s on LBC every weekday 1am-4am. Chug that caffeine to join him.
• I host the monthly Sound Women podcast.
• Martin the Sound Man makes numerous other podcasts, including Brain Train about clever things, The Global Lab about cities and stuff, and The Sound of the Ladies music podcast.